Vietnamese Avocado Smoothie



Normally I don't drink too many smoothies because of all the added sugar, but I just love this one I had in Vietnam! We traveled to there last summer and I have been craving it ever since.


 
The average recommendation of daily added sugar is only 25 grams for women and 36 grams for men. So I try really hard not to go over that number. Especially if I want to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner or a nibble of chocolate for dessert!
 
What does 25 grams actually look like? Useful website that helps to visualize: https://greatist.com/eat/recommended-sugar-intake-what-it-looks-like#whats-the-limit
 
 Mark Hyman also has a lot of information that is easy to understand in his book that can be found here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35397325-food
How to make smarter food choices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcRjSD446Mc
 
 
Smoothies can contain a lot of sugar because of the fruit, but these natural sugars are preferable to added sugars. I normally don't add any, but you can add a teaspoon of honey if you need a little extra sweetness in your life!
 
Sadly, I only discovered it towards the end of our trip, but luckily it is really easy to replicate and all you need is three ingredients!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Banana
  • 1/2 Avocado
  • 1 cup Coconut Milk
* almond, oat or regular milk are also delish!
* 1 tsp honey can also be added!
 
Steps:
  1.  Cut the banana into slices and place them in a blender
  2. Dice up half of the avocado and plop them into the blender as well.
  3. Pour in a cup of milk of your choice and blend it all together! *whirr whirr*
 
And voilà, now you can enjoy it as a part of your breakfast or a pick-me-up during the day!






 




















 
 

Comments

Popular Posts