Mascarpone-chive & smoked salmon loaded matzo




This week I have been eating the same lunch every day, just because I simply love the flavour combinations!

I have always followed food bloggers to get ideas about delicious food, and this lunch was inspired by no other than Molly Baz. I saw something similar that she posted, and decided to make my own version using the ingredients in my fridge. And am I ever happy I did!

 
I had some leftover Mascarpone cheese from a dish I made earlier this week, which I thought would go well as a spread on the Matzo. But anything goes well on the Matzo-cream cheese, butter or even pesto. If you don't have Matzo, a piece of bread or crackers work too!


Ingredients:
  • 1 Matzo slice
  • 1 soft/hard boiled egg
  •  smoked salmon
  • slices of cucumber
  • slices of purple onions or shallots 
  • 1 spritz of lemon
  • Pepper

Spread:
  • Mascarpone cheese
  • 1/4 tsp salt 
  • chives 
  • 1/2 clove of garlic or garlic powder

 Instructions:
1. In a bowl, combine Mascarpone, chives, garlic and salt and mix well.
2. Spread on the Matzo cracker
3. Layer with smoked salmon, cucumber and onion slices.
3. Top off with a sprinkle of pepper and a spritz of lemon.
4. Eat and enjoy!




Comments

Popular Posts