Golden Turmeric Latte

It has been rainy and cold here in Germany, reminding us that it's only April and it isn't normal to have summer like weather already! This has left me wanting something warm and comforting that isn't feeding my caffeine addiction, but is also creamier than tea.

Not long ago, on one of my most interesting trips of the week- to the grocery store- I started looking for Turmeric. After about 15 minutes of searching up and down the spice isle and using google translate, I found out that Turmeric is Kurkurma in German. I did see the beautiful golden colour and it confused me, but I was convinced it was called Turmeric in German too.

Turmeric is said to have anti-inflammatory properties that will help combat inflammation in the body, as well as antioxidants that help with digestion. This latte is spicy and comforting at the same time. It can be made with plant based milks and you can use dates to add natural sweetness. All in all, this is a very healthy latte to enjoy in the morning, middle of your day or even in the early evening while watching the raindrops collect on the window sill.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup plant based or regular milk
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric
  • 1/2 tsp ginger 
  • 2 dates 
  • sprinkle of pepper (to help your body absorb all the goodness of curcumin!)

Instructions:

1. In a pot heat up the milk and bring to a boil
2. Pour milk into a blender. Add in turmeric, ginger, pepper and dates and blend
3. Pour into your favourite cup and
 enjoy!





Comments

Popular Posts