Avocado Pasta with Truffle Burrata

This recipe is inspired by the countless times we have had ripe avocados that need to be eaten ASAP as they are usually inedible a day later...at least that's how it often feels in our household. Food has always excited me, but the way things are right now, it really is what I look forward to most. So when I found truffle buratta (on sale, might I add!) I just had to get it! And I knew exactly what dinner to eat it with. This dinner was amazing with the burrata, but if you don't have some at home, it can easily be substituted with mozzarella or even a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.

I actually ordered a very similar dish last year while I was out for lunch with my friends Anne and Ceilidh  in a little German town called Dietzenbach. I ate lunch and couldn't stop thinking about it days later. Luckily, if you have a couple of avocados and a few staple ingredients lying around, it's very easy to replicate!
 

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 avocados (2 if you like a lot of sauce!)
  • a handful of Basil 
  • 1 garlic clove
  • a handful of cherry tomatoes 
  • 1 tsp of salt and pepper 
  • 1/2 a package of spaghetti or a similar type of pasta 
  • spritz of lemon 
  • olive oil 
  • Burrata cheese
 
Instructions:

  1. Put on a pot of water to boil. When boiling add in a generous amount of salt and then the spaghetti.
  2. In the meantime, cut up the avocado and garlic clove into the food processor.
  3. Add olive oil and basil and blend 
  4. When the sauce is smooth add salt and pepper to taste with a spritz of lemon. If the sauce is too thick, save a few tablespoons of pasta water to add into the sauce. Give it a last pulse in the food processor and the sauce is done. 
  5. Halve the tomatoes and add them into the sauce with the spaghetti. Mix it all together and top it off with a burrata or cheese of your choice. 
  6. Eat and enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts